Director of Facilities
Addison Central School District seeks a Director of Facilities I. The Director of Facilities reports to the School Business Administrator and supervises staff who are: Clerical, Cleaners, Custodians, Grounds & Maintenance.
- The Director of Facilities will perform the following duties and all other responsibilities as assigned by the School Business Administrator and his/her designee:
- Direct preventive and routine maintenance activities, and repairs and alterations to the school buildings and any leased properties, including carpentry, plumbing, wielding, sheet metal, air conditioning, electrical and planting.
- Review requests for and makes recommendations regarding building improvements, renovations, alterations and new equipment.
- Responsible for annual fire inspections and structural safety inspections as required by the Commissioner’s Regulations.
- Interpret contracts with vendors for warranty service on completed projects to determine obligation for repair.
- Read equipment installation guides, construction plans and site blue prints/specifications; meet with contractor representatives to resolve problems.
- Administer contracts for alterations, modifications and maintenance activities; monitor work performed by contractors.
- Establish standards of cleanliness and safety in accordance with administrative and environmental objectives; oversee custodial staff, with Head Custodians.
- Prepare grant requests and the annual budget for the unit.
- Interpret union contracts.
- Responsible for the evaluation of cleaners, custodians, and grounds and maintenance workers.
- Select, terminate and transfer personnel.
- Supervise the maintenance of automotive equipment.
- Update and maintain an automated maintenance management system to generate work orders for scheduled maintenance, preventive maintenance and equipment.
- Liaison with legal counsel on capital related issues. Supervise all district capital projects.
- Works with staff on special projects throughout the district.
- Oversee and develop procedures that address concerns related to field usage and field maintenance.
- Attend Board of Education Meetings and report on operational, safety and construction related matters, as required.
Must have graduated from high school or possess a high school equivalency diploma and one of the following:
Either A. an associates or higher-level degree in School Facilities Management, Engineering, Engineering Technology, Building Construction Technology or Architectural Technology and two years of experience in school facilities maintenance, general building construction, building maintenance or repair work, or construction management,* one year of which shall have included the supervision of subordinate employees;
Or B. four years of experience in school facilities maintenance, general building construction, or building maintenance or repair work, or construction management, one year of which must have been at a supervisory** level;
Or C. an equivalent combination of education and experience as defined in (A) and (B) above.
**All positions require fingerprint clearance through New York State Education Department & Background Check**
Applicant may be considered/hired provisionally but must meet all Civil Service requirements including taking the exam and being reachable on the next eligible list. For further questions regarding provisional hirings please reach out directly to Rich Everly, School Business Administrator - REverly@addisoncsd.org .
Click "apply" to submit your application today!
The Addison Central School District provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Addison Central School District complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the District has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.