Engineering Instructor (Electrical Track) (Full Time / Tenure Track)
ENGINEERING INSTRUCTOR (Electrical Track)
(Full Time/Tenure Track)
Black Hawk College
Location: Quad Cities Campus, Moline, IL
Black Hawk College seeks a full-time, tenure-track Instructor of Engineering (Electrical Track) for the 2023-2024 school year. Classroom instruction will take place at the Quad Cities Campus location in Moline, IL.
Description of Duties
Faculty member is expected to encourage learning by preparing appropriate syllabi; by developing lectures, discussions, and other presentations or activities to enhance the students' educational experience; develops and executes appropriate methods of evaluating student performance; develops, secures, and maintains the equipment and other instructional materials essential to the presentation of the classroom material.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree and 2,000 documented hours of related experience in an engineering technology field. Master's degree preferred.
- Two years documented heads-on experience with programmable, single-loop and distributed control instruments.
- Industrial experience in an engineering, engineering tech, electronic assembly, quality control, process control, industrial electrical maintenance, electrical supervision in an Integrated Mechatronic discipline.
- Demonstrate component-level understanding of fundamental circuit concepts and control system principles. Accurately read and interpret electronic schematic diagrams, process loop diagrams, and pipe and instrument diagrams (P&ID's)
- Perform closed-loop system assembly, system "Ring-out" and overall operational assessment
- Perform problem diagnosis / fault isolation, system repair, component calibration and optimal control loop tuning.
- Instruct in a laboratory environment analog and digital circuit operations at a component level
- Determine, correct and explain the proper operation and calibration of common closed-loop integrated systems composed of electro-pneumatic, electro-hydraulic, and electro-mechanical instruments.
- Perform simple application programming and I/O interfacing of microcontrollers (uC's e.g. 8051, PIC, Arduino, Raspberry Pi and related uC systems.)
- Employ Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) concepts and J1939 CANbus operations and applications in the appropriate courses.
Starting salary is commensurate with education and experience. Minimum starting salary for full-time faculty is $49,419 for the 2023-2024 academic year. Black Hawk College provides an exceptional benefits package.
Note: Official transcripts will be required for any candidate hired.
Black Hawk College does not sponsor employment visas.
Black Hawk College is an AA/EEO employer.
While you contribute your talent and enthusiasm to BHC, as an eligible employee, you will have access to outstanding health benefits, ample time off, a pension plan, educational opportunities, and much more.
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Mail Order Pharmacy
- Basic Life Insurance
- Professional Development
- Tuition Waiver
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) / Dependent Care Account (DCA)
- Paid Holidays
- Free use of fitness center
- Sick Leave
- Personal Days
Retirement Pension Plans
State University Retirement System of Illinois (SURS): Employees working in a regular and continuous position or one in which services are expected to be rendered on a continuous basis for at least four months or one academic term (16 weeks) may be eligible to enroll in SURS.
Optional 403b Tax-Deferred Investment Program: Employees may set up a 403b plan through Empower Retirement.