Middle School Assistant Principal
- Position Title
- Middle School Assistant Principal
- Required Application Type
- Teacher / Admin
- Salary/Pay Scale
- Commensurate with Experience
- Job Description
Position start date is negotiable not to exceed July 1, 2023.
- Assist the middle school principal with the administration and supervision of the middle school program
- Helps to coordinate student activities
- Supervises faculty and staff as requested by middle school principal
- Coordinates development and implementation of policies related to student attendance and behavior
- Helps to supervise extracurricular functions and activities
- Organizes and conducts programs for students and parents including orientation-related programs
- Conducts observations in accordance with the District’s APPR plan
- Assists with preparation of school budget
- Completes necessary reports as requested
- Represents TCMS on some district committees, including CPSE
- Chairs building MSST Team
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the principal
- Helps to analyze data to inform instruction and school initiatives
- Coordinates some mandated testing
Terms of Employment:
12 months per year. Salary and working conditions as defined in the
negotiated agreement between the District and the Association of
- Job Qualifications
- Successful teaching experience
- Appropriate New York State Administrative Certification
- Knowledge of middle school organization and programs
- Skills in communications (written and verbal), planning, problem solving, decision making and working with people
- Knowledge of special education programming
- Knowledge of special education regulations
- Knowledge of Multi-Tiered Systems of Support
- Ability to work with staff and parents with diverse opinions
- Familiar with requirements of Education Law 3012-c, commonly referred to as APPR, and certification as an evaluator using the NYSUT rubric.
- Application Procedure
To successfully apply for this position, please include, along with your online application, the following:
- Cover letter
- Three (3) written letters of recommendation
- A statement that shows your past and current efforts, as well as, future plans to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in the Brighton Central School District.
-Professional Organizations and Affiliations
Join the Brighton Central School District!
Please visit our website (www.bcsd.org) and apply for this position by using the Job Opportunities tab under Quick Links on our homepage.
Why Brighton Central School District?
The Brighton Central School District in upstate New York is located in a family-oriented community offering excellent public services and recreation to residents of all ages. The town includes attractive residential properties, small businesses and professional office buildings with convenient access to the City of Rochester's cultural, educational and commercial opportunities. Brighton is a cosmopolitan community with people of diverse nationalities, religions and ethnic backgrounds.
The name Brighton Central Schools has become synonymous with quality education, and many of our district's residents choose to live here because of our outstanding educational system. Students, staff, parents and residents are proud of their schools and maintain an active interest and involvement long after their children have grown. This translates into strong, consistent support for budgets and capital projects.
The school district attracts a highly experienced, stable faculty who find the district a personally and professionally rewarding place to work. Parents play a special role in all schools as volunteers, as members of the PTSA, and as participants in school committees and decision-making.
Brighton's compact geography makes it ideal for our school organization, which includes four district-wide schools in which all students in each grade attend the same building. All the district's buildings have been renovated or expanded to more adequately meet the needs of an educational program in the 21st century.
Commitment to Diversity:
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are integral to a thriving community of learners. Brighton is deeply committed to empowering students to celebrate diversity, equity, and inclusion as they embark on achieving their full potential for personal development, educational success, and lifelong learning.
Brighton Central School District seeks candidates for faculty and staff positions that are eager to make Brighton an even more diverse and inclusive district for its students to thrive within. A range of backgrounds and perspectives leads to a variety of ideas, knowledge, and approaches, and we believe that a deep understanding and valuing of differences is necessary to our overall mission.
We are committed to equipping students with knowledge, values, and skills that will enrich their lives and enable them to become responsible, contributing citizens of a changing global community. We seek to foster a community that appreciates the benefits and responsibilities of living in a diverse world.
The Brighton Central School District is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age. Further, the District does not discriminate on the basis of religion or creed, sexual orientation, military status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, criminal arrest or conviction record, or any other basis prohibited by state or federal non-discrimination.
This metropolitan region is known for its vast selection of family-oriented activities and attractions. The third largest city in New York State, the greater Rochester region is inhabited by a little more than one million people. Conveniently located, Rochester is a six hour drive from New York City, 3 1/2 hours from Toronto and 90 minutes from Niagara Falls. From listening to great jazz on the streets to children being entertained at the second largest children’s museum in the U.S., Rochester is filled with museums, attractions, music, theater, festivals, sports, special events and more. Former home to pioneers and independent thinkers like Susan B. Anthony and Frederick Douglass, Rochester has worked hard to preserve and honor its history. Ultimately, Rochester's biggest asset is its people – Rochester is a welcoming and friendly place.
- Job Category
- Job Location
- Twelve Corners Middle School