Special Education Teachers (2022-23 School Year)
We are recruiting for Special Education Teachers to serve the Ocean Beach School District and Raymond School District in Pacific County, WA for the 2022-23 school year. Both positions work in person, 185 day contract, school year schedule:
- Long Beach Elementary, Ocean Beach School District, Long Beach, WA
- Raymond High School, Raymond School District, Raymond, WA
Reporting directly to a Special Education Administrator the Special Education Teacher provides services to special education students with a range of moderate to severe disabilities ages three to 21 years of age. The Special Education Teacher leads the IEP team to develop data driven student learning and behavioral goals. The Special Education Teacher is responsible for developing curriculum and program strategies consistent with the student's learning level and to continually assess student progress towards IEP goals. Teaching environments include resource rooms and self-contained classrooms at the elementary, middle, and high school level.
See what it's like to work for our Special Education ESA:
Essential Functions Include:
- Select teaching strategies to implement IEP goals for special education students. Monitor and adjust teaching strategies to meet students' needs.
- Provide classroom, small group and one-on-one instruction to special education students.
- Conduct student assessments to determine program eligibility and services.
- Use computer technology and computer programs to document data collection.
- Develop and write daily lesson plans. Post monthly overview of lessons on school district website.
- Develop and complete Individual Education Plans (IEP). Organize, schedule, and facilitate IEP meetings with parents, general education staff, and specialist.
- Supervise the collection of performance data on student IEP goals and document progress on IEP on-line.
- Communicate with parents and student regarding transition goals.
- Hold or be eligible to hold a valid Washington teaching certificate with K-12 special education endorsement.
- Experience in writing individualized curriculum.
- Experience in developing, executing and adjusting behavior management programs.
For a complete list of job functions, qualifications, and to apply, please visit the online job postings at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/esd112