Assistant Girls Basketball Coach
Assistant Girls Basketball Coach - Part Time Position
Location: Fond du Lac Ojibwe School
Supervisor: Athletic Program Manager
Closing Date: November 30, 2022
Rate of Pay/Range of Pay: $4,000.00 Stipend
Assist with the management and the administration of a well-balanced athletic program for all interested students in the Fond du Lac Ojibwe School.
• Observes student athletes while they perform to determine need for individual or team improvement.
• Coaches student athletes individually, or in groups demonstrating techniques of the sport coached.
• Assists Head Coach in daily practice of student athletes to instruct them in areas of deficiency.
• Attends regularly scheduled practice sessions.
• Assists Head Coach in supervising student athletes after school, after practice and games until transportation is available to take them home.
• Assists with the responsibility of proper maintenance, care and needs of equipment, and facility.
• Determines strategy during game, independently or in conference with other Athletic Team Coach, Head Coach, or Manger based on factors as weakness in opposing team.
• Appropriate work attire is required.
• Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
• Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
• Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
• Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
• Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
• Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
• Maintains a clean and organized work area.
• Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
• One or two years experience and /or training are preferred.\
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
• Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
• Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
• Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
• Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation's Personnel Policies.
• Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
• Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
Normal physical requirements
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE