This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefits plan, which includes medical, dental, retirement, optional life insurance, optional disability coverage and more. For detailed information please see our website at www.fdlrez.com. Go to programs/staff benefits.
Location: Ojibwe School
Supervisor: Fond du Lac Ojibwe School Language & Cultural Specialist
Closing Date: September 28, 2022
Rate of Pay/Range of Pay: $18.50 to $25.00 per hour
The Lead Drum Instructor teaches students, grades K-12, who have interest in and/or are currently sitting on the Ojibwe School Drum, refine their current level of performance. In addition, students will learn songs for all ceremonies and related gatherings, learn proper behavior, learn how to care for and respect the drum (i.e. feasting the drum), and represent the school at identified events. The Lead Drum Instructor will also expand the drumming sessions to perform during student dance sessions.
• Provide students with the teachings and protocol around the drum.
• Teach drum songs to students.
• Guide students with learning experiences related to the drum.
• The instructor will meet with students after school and assume the responsibility of supervising the drum group students.
• Assume responsibility of proper etiquette and care of the school drum.
• The Lead Drum Instructor is responsible for the drum group when the group performs at any gathering or event that is scheduled and sponsored by the School. The Lead Drum Instructor will follow all policies and procedures regarding field trips and sponsored activities off school grounds.
• The Lead Drum Instructor will assist the cultural specialist and school/community supervisor in monitoring and evaluating the drummer's knowledge.
• Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
• Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
• Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
• Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
• Maintains a clean and organized work area.
• Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
• One to two years related experience is preferred.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
• Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
• Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
• Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
• Subject to testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Employee Drug and Alcohol Policy.
• Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
• Subject to immunization review and submitted proof of required vaccinations.
• Some travel may be required.
• Normal physical requirements.
• Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE.
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
Apply to: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720
Online at: www.fdlrez.com (or click on the ''apply'' button)