Assistant Superintendent for Business
Guilderland Central School District Seeks to fill the position of Assistant Superintendent for Business
Location: District Offices
Application Deadline: August 19, 2022
Salary: $140,000 - $160,000
Starting Date: January 3, 2023
Reports To: The Superintendent of Schools
The Guilderland Central School District is currently looking for candidates who possess:
- Diverse backgrounds, educational interests and experiences
- A positive attitude and passion for the education program
- An adaptable and coachable mindset
- The ability to work effectively in a shared decision-making environment
- The ability to lead others and support the team dynamic at both the school and district level
- Strong technology skills
- The skill to effectively communicate with school and community stakeholders
- A sense of humor, sound judgment and a creative vision
- Valid NYS School Business Administrator (SBA), School Business Leader (SBL)
- certification OR meets the qualifications under Albany County Civil Service.
- Minimum five years successful experience as an Assistant Superintendent for Business or School Business Official.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Assistant Superintendent for Business is the leader of the non-instructional operations of the district and is responsible for assuring that school district operations support the mission of the district to inspire all students, assure that they achieve their highest potential and leave prepared for their future in the global community.
- The Assistant Superintendent for Business should have a background in school budgeting with a strong emphasis in finance, financial reporting, internal controls and processing of financial transactions, as well as school law.
- Supervision of the operational requirements for all non-instructional support services, including the business office, student transportation, facility management, network technology, and food service.
- Experience with NYS aid funding formulas, Federal grant compliance requirements and audit requirements.
- Knowledge of school finance and budget development in compliance with state law.
- The Assistant Superintendent will be expected to play a leadership role in labor management and contract negotiations with a number of labor units.
- Supervise purchasing and see that quotes, bids and RFPs are prepared and released according to NYS Statutes and District Policy.
- Coordination of payroll, and employee/retiree benefits
- Oversight of capital projects and renovations and oversight of facilities management and support staff services.
- Other duties assigned by the Superintendent
Community: Guilderland is a residential community covering 66 square miles adjacent to
Albany and near Schenectady. Many of its 35,000 residents are attracted to the community
because of its excellent school system and its proximity to major area employers such as The
State University of New York at Albany, Albany Medical Center and New York State
School District: The Guilderland Central School District is comprised of five elementary
schools, one middle school and one high school. The district serves approximately 4,900 students
and enjoys a strong reputation for academic excellence and commitment to meeting the needs of
the whole child.
Strong Benefits Package Available
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply by using OLAS at https://www.olasjobs.org/
Or Email Resume To Kim: email@example.com
by sending a cover letter and resume to:
Mr. Regan D. Johnson
Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources
Guilderland Central School District
8 School Road, PO Box 18
Guilderland Center, NY 12085
Research indicates that women and individuals from many marginalized racial and
ethnic groups tend to feel underqualified for positions. We would like to extend the
invitation to apply and strengthen our team. The Guilderland Central School
District does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, creed,
handicapping conditions, marital status, veteran status, national origin, gender or
sexual orientation in its educational programs or employment. No person shall be
denied employment solely because of any impairment which is unrelated to the
ability to engage in activities involved in the position or program for which
application has been made. Inquiries concerning this policy should be referred to:
Title IX Officer, Guilderland Central School District, P.O. Box 18, 8 School Road,
Guilderland Center, NY 12085.