Middle School Teacher - Grade 8 Language Arts
Position Type: Middle School Teaching - Grades 5-8/Language Arts
Date Posted: 8/29/2023
Location: Hanover Middle School
Date Available: Immediately
This is a full-time professional position teaching Grade 8 Language Arts at the Middle School effective immediately.
About the Hanover Public School District:
The Hanover Public School District is committed to excellence in education by nurturing, challenging, and inspiring all students to achieve their full potential and to become productive citizens in a global community.
Our Core Beliefs:
- We believe that all students are unique and that individual differences must be cherished.
- We believe in the academic, social, emotional, physical and cultural development of all students.
- We believe that it is the responsibility of all members of the school community to create a learning environment that exemplifies excellence in education.
- We believe that all students must develop effective critical thinking, problem-solving, and technological skills in order to be successful in a constantly changing society.
- We believe that the commitment to continuous professional development is essential to ensuring a quality educational program.
- We believe that district resources must support quality educational programs and initiatives.
Must possess a valid PA certification in English 7-12 or Grades 4-8 (English Language Arts focus). Add-On in applicable instructional subject via successful completion of content area test is acceptable.
All applicants must complete the entire online application and upload resume, cover letter, letters of recommendation, PRAXIS scores as applicable, copy of PA certification, copies of transcripts, and PA Child Abuse History clearance, PA Criminal Record Check and the Federal Criminal History Record. All applicants will be subject to the requirements set forth under Act 168 of 2014.
Information for Obtaining Clearances:
Instructions for obtaining required clearances (Act 34, Act 151 and Act 114) can be found on our website.