Learning Center Lead Teacher
This position will be located at the Two Rivers Activity Center (TRAC). TRAC is a state-of-the-art recreation center designed to support health and wellness for all ages. Our cause is to make our community the best place to live and play by providing resources, programs and opportunities that promote health and well-being. Our work focuses on; health and wellness programming, recreational and leisure activities, and youth development.
• Community- We are all in this together.
• Quality- We provide an exceptional experience.
• Integrity- We act with high ethical standards.
• Inspiration- We believe in what we do to make a difference
Under the general supervision of the TRAC Learning Center Supervisor, The On TRAC Learning Center Team is responsible for the academic, cognitive, social - emotional and physical development of each individual child. Ability to adapt teaching methods and materials to meet the interests and learning styles of all children. Work as a team to develop positive partnerships with families to engage and encourage participation in our program and to continue the positive growth in our community. Team members are responsible for assuring compliance with all state and local governing agencies as well as uphold TRAC policies. It is required to work professionally and ethically with children, families, guests and TRAC team members at all times.
• Interacts with guests/families in a warm and friendly way.
• Listens to understand what guests/families have to say.
• Takes immediate action to meet guests/family requests or needs.
• Recognizes safety hazards and takes corrective action; seeking assistance when needed.
• Demonstrates knowledge of operational policies and procedures.
• Performs work safely, without causing harm or risk to self, others or property.
Mission and Values
• Demonstrates personal commitment to the Mission and Values of Jamestown Parks and Recreation and Two Rivers Activity Center.
• Initiates collaboration with others outside of service area.
• Models accountability for learning by sharing knowledge and learning from others.
• Regular and predictable attendance is required.
• Builds effective working relationships.
• Expresses appreciation to others for their work.
• Treats others with respect.
• Demonstrates skill in use of equipment relevant to position; verbalizes knowledge of appropriate safety procedures.
• Identifies equipment problems; seeks out appropriate person to make repairs, consistently informs appropriate person of problems encountered with repairs or calibration of equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Strive for excellence daily for each child in our care.
• Implement and follow classroom schedules, routines, and lesson plans.
• Develop weekly plans, and implement age-appropriate curriculum (lesson plans) to nurture and stimulate all domains of the children's development.
• Maintain a developmentally appropriate classroom environment that reflects the children's learning and growth.
• Observe children to preform on-going developmental evaluations and address the individual needs of each child.
• Meet regularly with Teacher Aid to discuss the weekly plans and activities.
• Provide day-to-day support and guidance for Teacher Aid which would include implementing daily program plans, activities and discussing goals for children.
• Adhere to all cleaning and maintenance schedules.
• In accordance with our team philosophy, the person filling this position may occasionally be required to carry out or assist with other tasks in addition to the duties listed.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Preferred degree/course work in early childhood education, elementary education, child development or similar field.
• Successful completion of an approved basic child care course within the first 3 months of employment.
• CPR and First Aid Certification (will provide course).
• Early Childhood Development knowledge and experience.
• Good communication, problem solving, and priority setting skills as well as maintaining an overall positive and professional attitude/disposition.
• Ability to make decisions on behalf of children and protect their well-being.
• Ability to effectively carry out plans, organize and implement educational activities.
• Must be able to manage confidential information.
• All employees, regardless of position, serve as role models for children and adolescents at TRAC. Therefore, each employee must at all times be emotionally stable and able to function effectively with children, adolescents and adults. The staff must be able to demonstrate appropriate daily behavior, appropriate expression of emotions, as well as appropriate role modeling. Hostility, aggression and unnecessary or inappropriate physical actions as well as inappropriate emotional expression are not acceptable.
This position will require the attendance at regular team meetings, trainings and special planned events. If the child programming or activities are located in other areas of the TRAC facility as well as outdoors, or off site, all responsibilities as stated in your job description apply. You may be asked to work evenings, weekends, extended shifts and outdoors during all seasons of the year. All applicants will be subject to a criminal background check.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, this employee is frequently required to use fine motor skills to operate a computer, keyboard, and mouse and must sit, stand, walk, crouch, bend, squat and kneel. Employee must be able to move quickly from sitting on floor or chair to standing, and moving across the space to assure safety of all children. Must be able to see, speak, hear and understand the English language. This employee occasionally is required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.