Executive Vice President
As Kansas City Kansas Community College prepares and builds for growth and expanded opportunities and offerings to the region, the Executive Vice President serves as a strategic partner to the President leading the College into an exciting era of prominence. The Executive Vice President provides leadership, oversight, and support to both internal and external stakeholders. Turning 100 years old in fall 2023, KCKCC is led by a visionary and energetic president, implementing new strategic direction centered on the continuous pursuit of excellence in all functional areas and services across the institution to maximize student, employee, and community success.
Under the supervision of the President, the Executive Vice President’s primary focus is to provide sound and effective leadership and oversight for internal stakeholders, institutional master plans and processes, and collaborative and inclusive communication utilizing a shared governance model to achieve the KCKCC Mission, Vision and Strategic Priorities. Represents the President and institution at events and activities in the absence and/or at the direction of the President. Leads the College to narrow performance gaps for under-served students and meeting other internal, state and national benchmarks. The Executive Vice President is highly self-motivated, leads with an entrepreneurial spirit and a commitment to student success, service excellence, innovation, integrity, and diversity in the performance of job duties.
- Facilitate the development, ensure continuous progress, and oversee cyclical reporting of KCKCC’s Strategic Plan.
- Provide leadership, oversight and coordination to President’s Cabinet when appropriate, to ensure continuous advancement and success of institutional master plans, including but not limited to: Academic Master Plan, Strategic Enrollment Management Plan, Informational Technology Plan, Assessment Plan and Master Facility Plan.
- Provide leadership and supervise Off-Campus Dean/Directors to ensure continuity and institutional standards of service at all college locations.
- Lead President’s Extended Cabinet.
- Provide support and monitor individual program professional accreditations.
- Provide leadership and oversight to help ensure accuracy of internal and external data reporting.
- Provide oversight, support and guidance for stakeholder surveys to ensure they are conducted as scheduled on the Stakeholder Survey Calendar and results shared as appropriate.
- Assist President as needed with special projects.
- Assist President in the development, creation, implementation, and management of programmatic and other public: private partnerships.
- Assist Office of the President with coordination and review of monthly Board of Trustees reports.
- Assist Office of the President to create and maintain Board of Trustees annual calendar.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Outreach, KCKCC Foundation and other offices as needed to assist in the creation and editing of communication materials for the President.
- Collaborate with Human Resources to ensure maintenance of up-to-date and relevant institutional policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated innovative, collaborative, and inclusive communication and leadership style.
- Demonstrated solid decision-making, attention to detail, organizational ability, and project management skills to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic and disability backgrounds of community college student and employees.
- Demonstrated experience fostering collaborative working relationships in a shared governance model.
- Demonstrated sound verbal and written communications, and conflict resolution skills with diverse stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrated experience with college and/or divisional level budget management.
- Demonstrated personal initiative, flexibility and ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both independently and as part of a team.
Position Qualifications and/or Education
Minimum Qualifications and/or Education
- Master’s degree from regionally accredited institution.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in higher education administration, beginning at the dean level and higher.
- Demonstrated experience creating, implementing and monitoring multi-departmental/division strategic initiatives.
Preferred Qualifications and/or Education
- Doctorate degree, or ABD with identified graduation date from regionally accredited institution.
- Seven years of progressively responsible experience in higher education administration, with direct experience in academic or student affairs.
- Executive/Cabinet level experience.
- Demonstrated experience with assessment of student learning outcomes and regional accreditation processes.
- Demonstrated experience creating, implementing, and monitoring various Institutional Master Plans/Strategic Plans.
- Demonstrated experience creating, implementing, and strengthening public: private partnerships with business and industry and/or community partners.
- Demonstrated experience with collective bargaining.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, talk, hear, walk, sit, and occasionally push or lift items. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
40 hours per week, during regular hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Must be able to work a variable schedule to meet operational needs. Will require evening and weekend hours.
- Read the job announcement carefully noting the initial screening date, minimum qualifications, and required information. Note that information contained in your application materials will be used to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. Make sure you complete/submit all the documents listed as required.
- If the position lists a required transcript (during the application process) unofficial transcripts may be submitted. However, please note that upon selection for hire, you will be required to submit official transcripts.
- Ensure that your transcripts show that a degree was awarded or conferred if you are stating that it is your highest level of education completed. If you certify your level of education and it cannot be verified from your transcript(s), your application may not be referred to the selection committee.
- Foreign degrees are acceptable provided they have been translated and/or shown to have equivalency to a United States: Associate, Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate level degree.
- Documentation verifying completion of a degree, course work within a discipline, or other educational criteria should be electronically attached (uploaded) to your application.
- Three (3) professional references with phone number and email addresses are required.
- A college selection committee is responsible for application review and interviews. The final candidate(s) selected to be hired will be made by the hiring manager.
- Successful completion of a background check on all persons recommended for employment is required Individual hiring departments may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process.
***This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This job description may be revised upon development of other duties and changes in responsibilities.
KCKCC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Educational Institution