Director of Dining Services
MSU Northern Havre, MT Full-time Food Service
Posted on March 17, 2023
The Director of Dining Services is responsible for the daily operation of MSU-Northern Dining Services, to include the supervision of staff, administration of the meal plan program, management of inventory, coordination with vendors, budget oversight, and ensuring that health and safety standards are met and reviewed appropriately.
The Director of Dining Services collaborates closely with the Director of Catering Services, to ensure coordinated efforts for staffing, event scheduling and menuing, inventory management, and invoicing. The Director of Dining Services and the Director of Catering Services jointly lead food services efforts on campus, sharing a team of dedicated professional and student staff and ensuring that there is strong communication, efficient use of resources, and continuity of expectations for staff.
The Dining Services and Catering teams will frequently interact with students, staff, faculty, senior administration, visiting dignitaries, and the larger Havre and Hi-Line communities. As a result, it is critically important for the leaders in these areas to facilitate an environment focused on cooperation and communication, customer service, and student-first thinking.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hiring, training, evaluation, and engaged management of all Dining Services professional and student staff, serving throughout the kitchen, serving areas, and dining room.
- Administration of the student, staff, and faculty meal plan program, to include marketing and communications; billing coordination with the Residential Education and Business Services staff; menu development, ordering, and inventory management; and interactions with students, parents, and other stakeholders as needed.
- Achievement of applicable health and safety standard expectations, to include regular reviews that produce actionable opportunities for improvement.
- Management of kitchen, serving, and dining room equipment, to include coordination with Facilities and Business Services staff as needs for repair or replacement are identified.
- Close coordination with the Director of Catering Services and the Director of Recreational Programs & Campus Events regarding the scheduling, implementation, and billing for catering events.
- ServSafe and TIPS training and certification are required for the position and should be completed by end of first month of employment and kept current throughout employment.
Required Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of or experience with institutional food service or other professional culinary experience.
- Knowledge of or experience with large quantity cooking.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Click Apply for more info or to apply today!