Director of Building & Grounds
North Caldwell Public Schools
2023-2024 School Year
Director of Building & Grounds
12 month, full-time with a competitive benefits package
The North Caldwell School District, a Pre-K through 6th grade district located in Essex County is looking for a motivated and experienced Facilities Manager to serve as The Director of Building and Grounds. The successful candidate will oversee and drive the daily operations of all custodial and maintenance employees in addition to working hands on with staff.
The Director of Building and Grounds supervises the hiring and performance of all outside contractors in order to minimize costs to the District, and to ensure repairs and projects are completed safely and timely. The Director of Building and Grounds performs regular, on-going inspections of the quality of the work of the department and ensures the staff is meeting or exceeding the standards identified by the District. The Director of Buildings and Grounds will be appointed as the AHERA Program Manager/Designated Person; Integrated Pest Management Coordinator; and Safety and Health Designee
- Certified Educational Facilities Manager (CEFM) certification from the NJDOE as per NJAC 18A:17-50;
- State of NJ Black Seal Boiler Lic
- Min 5 five yrs exp in facilities and maintenance, preferable in NJ public schools;
- Hold and maintain a valid driver’s lic req’d to operate District vehicles and equipment;
- Possess excellent leadership skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills, required to interact with employees, administrators, vendors and others; Exp in one or more specialty trades such as plumbing, electrical, carpentry, heating, ventilating and air conditioning.
A/P External Auditor - Stipend Position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA, or NJ SBA Certificate.
- 3-5 years prior Auditing and/or Accounting Exp in a school district required
For a full job description, please visit our website
To apply please send credentials to Linda Freda, Ed. D. Superintendent of Schools by clicking the Apply button
The North Caldwell Public Schools encourages the growth and development of each student to his or her full potential within a developmentally appropriate environment.
All staff will strive to provide an environment that fosters:
Achievement of New Jersey Student Learning Standards at all grade levels.
Enthusiastic love of learning.
A sense of responsibility.
Creative thinking and problem solving skills.
An appreciation of the arts.
Respect and sensitivity for others.
Awareness of a rapidly changing and diverse world.
To achieve this mission, the district will:
Nurture cooperative partnerships among home, school, and community that ensure participation in the education of our children.
Provide technological resources within an integrated curriculum.
Enhance the professional skills and talents of the staff to meet the educational, emotional, and social needs of the children.
The district's goal is to remain competitive in our continued quest for academic excellence.