Associate Degree Nursing Instructor
Northwood Technical College is seeking applications:
Associate Degree Nursing Instructor
FULL TIME - New Richmond Campus
Northwood Tech Instructors teach in a discipline area in which they have specific training and competence. Instructors are expected to foster learner success, assess learner achievement, and continually improve learning opportunities. Instructors teach in a variety of learning environments including face-to-face, online, web-conferencing, and hybrid classrooms. Instructors are expected to continually improve the overall quality and delivery of learning, including the support of program and college wide initiatives. This position may require travel to another Northwood Tech campus for instruction and travel to the Shell Lake Health Education Center (HEC). With program modification, this position may teach some evenings and Saturday’s.
- Model cultural competencies that reflect Northwood Tech’s Mission, Vision, Values, Learning College Tenets, and On Course Principles by:
- Assessing own lifelong learning and using self-management to progress toward established personal and professional goals.
- Demonstrating creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills through mutually supportive relationships.
- Communicating authentically in personal and group settings by using creator language to effectively exchange ideas, thoughts, and knowledge.
- Creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive working and learning environment.
- Leading positive change while demonstrating civility and empathy.
- Finding value in consistently acquiring and applying innovative ideas and technology to support continuous quality improvement.
- Develop and continually revise curriculum that includes Employability Essentials and technical content to meet industry and/or regulatory standards.
- Plan for instruction, including syllabi development, learning plans, and assessment strategies.
- Deliver, assess, and adapt effective instruction that meets the diverse needs of students.
- Apply a variety of instructional strategies, create learning plans, facilitate learning, and revise teaching practice.
- Promote a culture of continuing student success, implement strategies to promote learner persistence and meet the needs of multi-generational learners, demonstrate learner-centered communication, and utilize available student support services.
- Create performance-based assessment plans, employ a variety of formative and summative assessment strategies, communicate assessment results in a timely fashion to promote student learning, and use assessment results to improve instruction.
- Demonstrate professional behaviors to support teaching and learning and utilize varied strategies for managing the learning environment.
- Identify exit learning outcomes and external standards, develop competencies that describe intended learning outcomes, create performance-based plans and assessment tasks for each course, develop learning objectives and plans, prepare syllabi, and utilize a quality review process to validate curriculum.
- Utilize a variety of data analysis tools, analyze data from teaching and learning experiences, and use data to inform decision making about the teaching and learning process.
- Assess effectiveness in embracing diversity, examine the impact of college, community, and student demographics on teaching and learning, and create an inclusive, effective learning environment that addresses barriers and provides reasonable accommodations.
- May be assigned to mentor high school teachers who offer Northwood Tech-articulated courses.
- Model the Employability Essentials expected of Northwood Tech students, which are to communicate clearly, think critically, and demonstrate professionalism.
- Designated as a Campus Security Authority (CSA) to receive and report criminal incidents to the Northwood Tech Safety Office by virtue of this role’s responsibilities at the College (only applies to instructor positions with club advising duties).
- Advise nursing students.
- Participate in the ADN accreditation process.
- Other duties as assigned
Exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 30 lbs. of force frequently and/or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
- Master’s degree with a major in nursing (MS or MSN); or master’s degree in nursing-public health or nursing education. Candidates who are currently enrolled and have made substantial progress towards a master’s degree with a major in nursing (MS or MSN) or master’s degree in public health-nursing or nursing education may be considered if they have obtained a BSN
- Minimum of two years (4,000 hours) occupational nursing experience
- Direct care experience as a practicing nurse within the past five years required
- Current active unencumbered license as a Registered Nurse including licensure in the State of Wisconsin and Minnesota
- Ability to obtain driver’s license and insurance coverage in accordance with College policy
- Teaching experience in an associate degree nursing program
- Certification as a Certified Nurse Educator (CNE)
FY23 Salary - Faculty Grade D - $68,400 / year
Note: The current market estimate for this instructional area is outside Northwood Technical College’s faculty salary schedule associated with this role. As such, the grade level listed above is one level higher than what is standard to reflect the market more accurately for faculty in this instructional area. Market estimates are reviewed every three years by an independent consultant to determine appropriate compensation for this instructional area, and the grade level may be altered accordingly in the future.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Account/Flexible Spending Account
- Long Term/Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Wisconsin Retirement System
- 403(b)/457(b) Retirement Savings
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Leave
More detailed information online at
Northwood Technical College is committed to promoting a learning environment where employees and students of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds pursue career and academic goals embraced in an environment of respect and shared inquiry. The College seeks to attract ethnically diverse instructors and staff who can inspire our increasingly diverse student population.
Notice of Annual Security Report Availability
Northwood Technical College is committed to assisting all members of the Northwood Tech community in providing for their own safety and security. The Annual Security Report is available on the Northwood Tech website.
If you would like to receive a hard copy of the Annual Security Report which contains this information, you can stop by any Northwood Tech campus or you can request that a copy be mailed to you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The report contains information regarding campus security and personal safety including topics such as: crime prevention, law enforcement authority, crime reporting policies, policies related to and programs to prevent sexual assault and other crimes, disciplinary procedures and other matters of importance related to security and safety on campus. The report also contains information about crime statistics for the three previous calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Northwood Tech; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus.
This information is required by law and is provided by Northwood Technical College Safety Office.
Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator
Northwood Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, service in the uniformed services, veteran status, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital or family status, pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions or status in any group protected by state or local law in employment, admissions or its programs or activities.
Rice Lake Campus
1900 College Drive, Rice Lake WI