Speech Language Pathologist
Now Hiring - Speech Language Pathologist
REPORTS TO: Director of Special Education
A Speech-Language Pathologist provides services for school-aged children with communication disorders that adversely affect children’s educational performance.
- Participate as a member of the multidisciplinary team in the districts to which you are assigned.
- Participate in IEP meetings.
- Provide services for children with difficulties in the areas of language, voice, fluency, and articulation.
- Provide screenings for students with possible speech and language deficits impacting their access to general curriculum.
- Assess children referred for Special Education evaluation.
- Complete written evaluations with specific goals and objectives for each student identified with speech/language needs.
- Provide direct and consultative services to students identified with speech/language needs.
- Program planning and implementation.
- Collaborate with teachers and paraprofessionals.
- Communicate with parents regarding their children’s speech/language program.
- Supervision of Speech-Language Pathologist Assistants, Graduate students and Clinical Fellowships, as assigned
- Participate as a member of the NWBOCES-wide speech/language team.
- Implement services based on the MTSS model.
- Provide education, assistance and monitoring of augmentative communication devices.
- Collect data on students’ progress.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Speech/Language Pathology
- Colorado Licensure through the Colorado Department of Education, Type E
- ASHA CCC’s recommended
- Salary Range of $45,580 - $79,615 is based on a 154-day work-year calendar and depends on qualifications and experience.
- Health insurance, supplemental hospital plan, dental, vision and life insurance (individual premiums are employer paid, and employees may add dependents at rates available on the NW BOCES website).
- Colorado PERA defined benefit pension plan – all employees are required to contribute to this plan instead of Social Security.
- Hiring bonus and moving expenses are available for this hard-to-fill position.
- Paid time off including sick and personal leave, in accordance with written policies available on the NW BOCES website.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Application deadline is until filled.