Partners in Learning, Inc. Syracuse, NY Full-time Education
Posted on October 31, 2022
- Provide instruction and facilitate individual and group learning activities for English Language Learning adults relating to early childhood education and care;
- Facilitates participant intake, service delivery, outcomes tracking (monthly and quarterly), and quality assurance for active caseload of up to 15 individuals
- Coordinate with PIL staff and community stakeholders to facilitate customized curriculum for Agency’s Diversity in Early Education and Care (DEEC) program, consistent with NYS educational standards; and
- Provides specialized instruction and facilitate wrap-around services that aim to empower participants to gain employment or to secure promotions within existing employment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Education or a related field required; Master’s Degree and TESOL Certification preferred; Experience teaching adult learners; Familiarity with NYS Early Learning and Adult Education Standards, Adult Education ELL levels, and Adult Education Learning Theory; Ability to teach English as a New Language (all levels)
- Must have knowledge of early education and child care principles, including child development pedagogy (0-5 years): cognitive, social/emotional, and physical growth
- Ability to speak, write, and understand Spanish is preferred, though candidates with outstanding qualifications in other areas will be considered.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office productivity software, including Office, Excel, and Outlook