About the Position: The Campus Director provides essential support to the CEO, President, and Campus Director by assisting directors and managers in recommending, implementing, and monitoring policies and procedures that comply with policies and procedures established by Prospect College and are consistent with sound business practices. The Campus Director is responsible for leadership and oversight of the daily operation of all campus functions: Admissions, Education, Career Services, Business Office, and Financial Aid with ongoing support, encouragement, and instruction to help them succeed within their respective department goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of school operations in the areas of admissions, placement, and student affairs.
- Ensures that policies and procedures are followed systematically and effectively across different departments and functions.
- Takes a proactive role in conducting duties with attention to detail and accuracy at all times
- As a member of the school management team, actively contributes and participates in high-level decision-making processes
- Manage staff and faculty
- Prepare enrollment level forecast reports on a regular basis
- Follow departmental reporting procedures and meet with staff to determine progress is made per the established benchmarks
- Provide guidance to admissions and placement staff regarding school policies and procedures
- Monitor successful implementation of school policies and procedures in areas of responsibility
- Identify areas of improvement and collaborate with the school director to develop, update or revise the school policies and/or procedures as necessary
- Ensure that the student folders and contents are maintained accurately per the school policies
- Schedule and conduct staff meetings
- Participate in or conduct in-service training to staff as necessary
- Develop strategies and ideas to improve and/or maintain high inquiries, enrollment, student satisfaction, completion, and placement performance
- Carry on additional responsibilities as the business requires
- Manage school administrative staff (admissions and placement) per the policies and procedures described in TLC Employee Handbook
- Conduct annual performance evaluations for administrative staff under his/her supervision
- Monitor employee workload on a regular basis
- Provide feedback to the academic supervisor on the faculty personnel performance issues
- Make recommendations to the school director regarding staff performance and staff changes, as required
- Initiates and encourages coordinated activities between business office, financial aid, student services, career services, and academic areas in order to improve the service to students as well as facilitate maximum utilization of resources.
- Analyzes and manages departmental performances, metrics, goals, objectives, and budgets at the campus level.
- Develops strategic plans and goals to ensure departmental success.
- Establishes and communicates accountability and performance expectations for all direct reports.
- Provides direct/indirect supervision and evaluation of day-to-day operations and training of staff in the Admissions, Career Services, Education, Business Office, and Financial Aid Departments.
- Monitors campus cash flow at the campus to ensure compliance with corporate/ownership guidelines.
- Resolves problems and responds to non-routine inquiries relating to all responsible areas including student billing, financial aid, accounts receivable, and accounts.
- Assembles and compiles data and reports and interprets findings as appropriate.
- Ensures compliance with the accrediting agency's standards and guidelines in an effort to ensure successful re-accreditation at all times
- Participates in hiring efforts by providing support to the CEO, make recommendations on internal transfers
- Develops detail plans in order to improve profit margins; develop creative and effective solutions to reduce attrition, and improve completion/placement rates
- Maintains a formal and professional relationship with subordinates and staff at all times; maintain and promote high standards of ethics and integrity within the school and student body
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BS/BA degree
- 5+ years of higher education experience
- Strong financial budgeting skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite of applications (Windows Explorer, Word, and especially Excel),
- Ability to manage multiple projects with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to provide leadership and work effectively with individuals of all ranks, and personalities.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Washington, DC 20036: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Campus Director: 3 years
- Leadership: 3 years
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skill
- Excellent Communication Skill
- Knowledge of Campusvue (preferred)