Paraprofessional (Multiple Positions)
Provide educational assistance to students with disabilities
Major Position Duties:
• When assigned to an individual student, the paraprofessional is responsible for implementing the student’s IEP goals and objectives under the direct supervision of the directing teacher.
• When assigned to a general or special education class, the paraprofessional is responsible for assisting a group of students under the direct supervision of the directing teacher.
• Student assistance shall include: a. Tutoring and daily lesson support/help b. Managing student behavior; maintaining student behavior point sheets; writing discipline referrals; managing student timeouts; engaging in restrictive procedures in emergency situations c. Assisting students in both indoor and outdoor activities, play, and sports d. Escorting students to and from classrooms to other locations e. Providing personal cares, which may include toileting/diapering and clean-up, showering, feeding, meal prep, and other individualized personal cares as needed f. Curing students in the use of social skills, communication skills, behavioral skills, and/or academic skills g. Keeping students focused on and engaged in activities and curriculum h. Conduct data collection and data recording activities necessary to support student progress monitoring i. As directed by the case manager: Contacting parents for meetings; Mailing correspondence; Making arrangements for field trips
• Other responsibilities: a. Prompt daily attendance at school b. Reinforcing the importance of students’ daily attendance at school c. Providing supervision at lunch, recess, and bus loading/drop-off times d. Assisting with the organization, correction, and filing of student work e. Attending student IEP meetings
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications / Requirements:
• Associates Degree, 64 College Credits, -or- Passing Score on ParaPro Exam • CPI, First Aid, and CPR Training –or Completion of Required Trainings within 90-Days of Hire
• Previous experience working with students with special needs
• Ability to Consistently Demonstrate the Following Skills: o Confidentiality o Good communication skills o Basic computer skills o Strong organizational skills o Cooperative attitude o Willingness to assist where needed o Ability to establish good working relationships with peers, supervisors, and students