School Business Manager
Roane County Schools is now hiring for School Business Manager
Position reports to Director of Schools and is responsible for all financial reporting and accounting of the school system including payroll and benefits, financial budget development, and management, and attending school board and county commission meetings.
- Work with Director of Schools and Central Office and departmental supervisors and staff
- Develop departmental, grant and system-wide budgets and subsequent budget amendments and present to Director of Schools, School Board, and County Commission for approval
- Perform all accounting functions for the school system including state and federal reporting for all grants and state reports, review monthly accounting reports and make adjusting entries, and perform all year end closing functions.
- Oversee all payroll and employee benefits functions for 1,000+ employees, including basic and voluntary benefits
- Review all disbursement of funds to ensure reasonableness and appropriateness
- Plan administration for school's 403(b) retirement plan with multiple providers
- Work with the county purchasing and accounting departments for school system purchases and review and approve purchases requisitions from various departments
- Process unemployment claims and payments
- Risk management by ensuring adequate insurance coverage for buildings and contents, fleet vehicles and general liability coverage
- Monitor self-insured workers comp insurance and self-insured dental programs and related equity and funding rates and ensure worker's comp paperwork and federal reporting is maintained
- Develop, review and recommend changes to system-wide policies and procedures related to departmental functions and system-wide internal controls to ensure safeguarding of system assets
- Work with state and federal auditors in review and monitoring of the school system financial and compliance related data
- Work with individual schools and support and facilitate individual school accounting and auditing functions
- Supervise the payroll, benefits, and accounting staff
- Other duties as assigned by the director of schools
Minimum of BS degree in Business Administration (BBA) with focus/major in accounting.
Minimum of three years experience in higher level corporate accounting management or school business office management and accounting
Certification - CPA, CGFM, CCFO or other state recognized accounting program preferred but not required
Annual salary range $85,000-$100,000 depending on education and experience