Special Education Teacher
South Sioux City Community Schools
Job ID: 1193
Positions may include Elementary and/or Secondary assignments, which may include co-teaching arrangement(s). Candidates must have, or be working toward, an endorsement appropriate to the position, with NDE certification required.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS:
- Special Education Endorsement appropriate for the instructional responsibility assigned to the teacher (grade level and disability) as required by NDE Rule 24 and 51
- Additional endorsement in core academic subject areas or HOUSE approval as required by the teacher’s assignment to be NCLB qualified
EMPLOYEE CHARACTERISTIC REQUIREMENTS:
- Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude. - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
Visit our website to view full job descriptions/requirements, & to apply.
South Sioux City Community School District does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, veteran status, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, or other protected status in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs or activities.
Positions are subject to a veteran’s preference.