Office Secretary, Maintenance Technician, Bus Drivers
Interested in working in education? Join the Steamboat Springs School District team.
• SPED Paraprofessionals: Starting at $21.61
• Office Secretary: Starting at $22.71
• Student Services Office Manager: Starting at $25.48
• Maintenance Technician: Starting at $25.27
• Custodians: Starting at $21.00
• Bus Drivers: Starting at $24.73
- Obey all traffic laws.
- Practice defensive driving techniques at all times.
- Operate school buses in a safe and lawful manner during varying weather, road and traffic conditions
- Make daily pre-trip inspections as required by law.
- Report all vehicle defects immediately and completes appropriate paperwork.
- Adhere to authorized routes.
- Load and unload students only at authorized stops.
- Maintain discipline when students are on the vehicle to ensure safety of all passengers.
- Adhere to and report for duty as schedule requires, to be ready before scheduled route time of departure.
- Transport only authorized students and/or authorized school district employees with prior authorization.
- Clean bus interior and exterior on regular basis.
- Ability to work well with students, district staff and parents and conduct oneself in a professional manner.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Currently hold or able to secure a CDL school bus driver’s license
- Able to meet all DOT regulations for drivers including ability to successfully pass employment drug test and physical exam.
- Able to pass physical and written exams as required by law. Subject to random drug screenings throughout year
- Shall not have been convicted of a felony in any state or territory subject to U.S. jurisdiction.
- Shall not have been convicted of any offense related to operation of a motor vehicle while under the influence of, or impaired by, alcohol or drug use for at least five years.
- Must have a motor vehicle driving record acceptable to the Board of Education or its authorized representative.
- Physically be able to lift 50 pounds from floor level to an elevation of four feet
- Medical, dental and vision insurance with significant district contribution towards premiums.
- Sick and Personal Days
- Flexible spending account
- Voluntary retirement savings options(401K, 403B, 457B)
- Term Life insurance
- Professional Development reimbursement opportunities
- District Wellness Clinic
- PERA retirement program.
• NS Sous Chef: Starting at $21.7
Classified positions may be eligible for a retention stipend $200.00-$500.00