Tableland Services, Inc. ~ Community Action Partnership for Somerset County is accepting applications for the the position of Lead Teacher.
This position is responsible for the maintaining a developmentally appropriate, stimulating, individualized, safe, and healthy classroom environment for the preschool student as well as encouraging family involvement to further increase school readiness skills.
1. Develop and maintain classroom structure
• Ensure classroom environment is developmentally appropriate, non-biased, and takes into consideration the social-emotional, cognitive, language and motor skills of the students
• Ensure students are aware of rules and consequences
• Use positive methods of guidance
• Understand and implement the provided curricula
• Conduct daily observations and assessments of students’ progress.
• Finalize outcomes 3 times per year
• Develop weekly lesson plans
• Review and submit final lesson plans 2 weeks prior to implementation
• Submit and follow daily schedule
• Understand the Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS) and implement the strategies
• Ensure the individual needs of each student are met
• Ensure I.E.P. and/or behavioral requirements are met
2. Encourage parent involvement in student’s education.
• Utilize Learning Genie for parent communication
• Conduct 2 home visits per year, if required
• Conduct 2 parent conferences per year
• Meet in accordance with IEP requirements
• Review newsletters before submission to supervisor
3. Maintain a safe and clean learning environment.
• Ensure required ratio is always maintained
• Ensure all transitions to and from classrooms are safe and well monitored
• Inspect the environment daily to ensure all safety requirements are met
• Follow daily cleaning requirements to maintain a healthy learning environment
4. Timely completion and submission of documentation and records
• Timecards – semi-monthly
• Home Visit Tracking Forms -monthly
• Mileage - monthly if incurred
• HR documentation and forms – as required and requested
• Student forms for all program components – as required
5. Attend required meetings and trainings.
• Attend all required meetings
• Seek out opportunities for professional development
• Maintain or update certifications
6. Recruit families to maintain full enrollment.
• Participate in a minimum of 2 recruitment activities per school year
• Assist with ongoing marketing of programs
7. Schedule and oversee classroom volunteers.
• Maintain a daily schedule for volunteers.
• Train volunteers in developmentally appropriate practices.
8. Monitor Teacher Assistant, Teacher Aide and School Readiness Aide.
• Ensure classroom protocol is understood and followed
• Inform Education Managers of need for coaching or training
OTHER DUTIES OF JOB:
1. Must be able to lift 40 pounds
2. Ensure children’s safety through sight, sound, and mobility
3. Must pass initial and periodic physical exam
4. Eat meals with children as part of the learning environment
5. Perform other related duties as required
6. Must maintain confidentiality of children, families, and staff
7. Follow established agency policies, safety standards, and applicable regulations
Supervision is received from the Education Managers
• Bachelor’s Degree ~ Early Childhood Education
EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING
• Two years preferred
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
• PA Teaching Certification
• FBI, Act 33/34 Clearances
• CPR and First Aid Certification
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Identify problems, inform others, and provide information
• Communicate effectively with co-workers or customers
• Operating Technology, e.g. smart devices, data base systems, software programs, internet, e-mail
• Adapt to a Constantly Changing Work Environment
• Independent Judgment and Discretion
• Utilize Creativity and organizational skills
• Work Closely with Others
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Click "apply" to submit your resume today!