The University of Jamestown seeks an Admissions Counselor responsible for the recruitment and enrollment of new students in the Undergraduate College.
Counselors are responsible for participating in activities and tasks that result in moving students through the enrollment funnel within a specific geographic territory. Admissions counselors facilitate student recruitment through consistent and systematic efforts of phone contact, texting, emails, and social media communications. They also utilize face to face recruiting with prospective students and their families. This position will represent the university at various college fairs, high school visits, and community events. The primary objective of this position is to effectively articulate the mission and unique strengths of the university and the value of a private education. A counselor should also strive to provide an excellent recruitment experience for students and families.
* Regular overnight travel to college fairs and high school visits
* Representing UJ at college fairs and visits in a professional manner
* Representing UJ at different events throughout the year that may come up
* Scheduling the above visits and travel plans for the season
* Maintaining regular contact with students throughout the admissions cycle
- Phone calls
- Social Media
- In-person meetings and events
- Financial Aid and knowledge to guide students and parents through questions
* Meet with students and their families during campus visits or events
- Tours given if needed
* Maintain contact with all stages of students throughout the year (inquiries through enrolled)
- Cold calling inquiries
- Keeping up to date with students in scholarship process
* Discussing financial aid and monetary gaps with students and families
* Recruit students from their geographic territory, working toward the pre-set yearly goal
To apply, send letter, resumé, and the names and contact information for three professional references to Alyson Leas, Director of Admissions, firstname.lastname@example.org by clicking the "Apply Now" button
Review of applications will begin immediately
and continue until position is filled.
The University of Jamestown is an AA/EO employer