First-Year Experience Coordinator
POSITION OPEN ANNOUNCEMENT
Position: First-Year Experience Coordinator
Proposed Hire Date: January 02, 2024
For First Consideration, Applications Must Be Received By: December 14, 2023
Brief Description of Position: Under the direction of the Dean of Arts & Sciences, the First-Year Experience Coordinator (12-month faculty) sets strategic direction for success courses (ACA) as well as a first-year experience program of extra- and co-curricular activities that connect to both the course curriculum and the College’s holistic, student-centered support services. The Coordinator systematically identifies student needs and plans objectives to promote individual student success and overall persistence, retention, completion, and transfer. This is a grant funded position.
- Master’s degree required.
- Teaching experience required.
- 2 to 5 years Community College teaching experience preferred.
- ACA class teaching experience preferred.
- Experience in student advising, counseling, and/or delivery of academic support services preferred.
- Experience with the CliftonStrengths™ program preferred.
Salary: Hiring Range – Minimum to Midpoint ($5,246 – 6,560 /monthly) 12-month contract
Application Procedure: Applications must be submitted online.
Western Piedmont Community College, an equal opportunity employer, values and encourages campus diversity in students, faculty, and staff.